I think checking in monthly will help me keep on target. Maybe even more often just for myself, but I’ll keep it monthly here.
- Save money/get out of debt.
- I will try to do the 52-Week Money Saving Challenge – I set up automatic deductions into a savings account. Now I just need to make some money! Ha.
- Refinance the condo. – Still messy. Not able to do that!
- As soon as I get a job (see #3), start smacking money down on our student loan/credit card debts! – No job yet. But I am on the sub lists!
- Lose weight. – Starting weight: 152#; Ending weight: 145#.
- Track my foods. – Um, yeah. Didn’t do that. I did start doing it again yesterday though!
- Exercise (cardio) at least 5 days a week. – I did do that! I tried to go for 6 or 7 days, actually. There were some weeks I only did three or four, so I guess I didn’t do as well as I’d thought.
- Strength train at least 3 days a week. – Still didn’t do that. 1 or 2 was the average. Or none.
- Take the monthly Shrinking Jeans challenges. – I got 15 days done on January’s Abs challenge. I’m going to keep doing it in Feb. till I finish though, along with the Feb. one. Yes I am!
- Get a job.
- For right now, get on the substitute lists. – On several of them.
- Finish practicum (waiting on a placement STILL!) – I have a placement and should be starting next week! *knock on wood*
- Get a summer job. – Can’t do that yet.
- Get a full-time ESL job for the fall. – That either. But I will apply for licensure the second I finish that practicum (should be the last week of Feb.)
- Get outside more.
- Run, bike, and rock climb outside (weather permitting). – I did run one day outside, and found out what was causing my ankle problem. I did rock climb three times at Vertical Endeavors, but that wasn’t outside. I took several walks with Kent outside though. It’s been stupid cold.
- Work on exploring more of the 60 Hikes in 60 Miles. – I’m going to wait for either more snow (so I can snowshoe) or less cold.
- Go camping. – See above.
- Go to one of the destinations we’ve been wanting to — Ely, Mystery Caves, the Black Hills, Katahdin (if I get to ME this summer) – I talked with friends about planning a trip to Mystery Caves in May or June. And Kent and I are thinking to head up to Ely on a long weekend once the weather’s better. Not sure about the others, but we are going to AZ on spring break, and Kent’s mom will take us to Sedona.
- Be creative.
- Blog at least 3x/week. – No. I’ll keep trying though!
- Finish cross-stitch projects and give to their owners! – No. Ditto.
- Finish Jon and Ali’s quilt. – I need to have a different table. I’m thinking about using the one in the library or parlor at Aldersgate. But I need to finish the practicum first.
- Practice the piano more. – Forgot about that.
- Spend more time with friends and family.
- Do fun things with Kent. – We went rock climbing, 3x. He wasn’t up for much this month because he was sick. But we did watch three seasons of “Are You Being Served?” I think that counts. 🙂
- Get together with friends at least once a month for games or other event. – We played games one Sunday night with friends, and last Saturday night we went to MCA for the WinterFest.
- Call my friends who live far away — one per week. – Forgot.
- Write a note to someone every week. – Thought about it but didn’t.
- Spend more quality time with God.
- Have real devotions every day. – I read chapters in a book but I didn’t do any journaling, and some of those chapters were “quick hurry it’s late and I want to sleep!” So, I need to work on that one.
- Memorize at least 1 Bible verse every day. – I memorized ten verses from Romans 1. Gotta keep working on that. I like Scripture Typer though!
- Pray every day! – I did some days, kind of a quick “thanks for that”, but nothing meaningful.
I think it’s good to check in — I’d forgotten about some of these — oops!
I am surprised how vulnerable some of those made me feel, to admit I did or didn’t do something. Like the praying one, or the one about my messy house. I think those areas of our lives are places we like to “cover over when company comes” and pretend everything’s awesome. I can see the power of being accountable, even if no one is going to shake fingers and say “bad girl!” Just admitting my less-than-stellar performance in certain areas is difficult. Hopefully it’s enough to help me do better!
On to February!